Thursday, June 4, 2009

Operation Avoid Airport Quarantine

As many of you may know, I contracted a bit of a cold a few days before I left Baltimore. Naturally, I was terrified that Korean authorities would assume that I would try to infect their population so I immediately began a regimen of vitamins and Tylenol Cold medicine. It didn't matter though because I was still sick when I boarded the plane. About halfway through the flight, we were handed "Health Questionnaire" sheets, asking us if we've had any of the following symptoms - runny nose, sore throat, coughing, and fever. When I first started to think about lying, I saw that the penalty for such acts resulted in a year in prison or some pretty hefty fine, so I checked two of the four, accepting my fate in the Incheon Airport quarantine.

After we de-planed, we were told to go to the Health Check station. As I was ready to vomit due to extreme nervousness about being locked in an aiport hospital for 2 weeks, some guy took my temperature, asked me if I just had those 2 symptoms, and passed me through, no problems at all.

1 comment:

  1. no vomit + no detainment = successful trip.
    p.s. i guess i found your blog.

    ReplyDelete